Got the job!!!

One week after I had the interview for the Community Liaison Office (CLO) Coordinator position, I got the conditional job offer (i.e. I have to pass the security clearance in order to work). So I quickly filled out forms for the clearance and sent them in. It could take two to six months or more if I am unlucky. Well, there is nothing I can do so I will just have to wait.

So after the security clearance forms, I took my auditing exam, which was a little difficult to prepare because it was a bit boring. Then yesterday and today, I went to the US Embassy to shadow meetings of a lady who was visiting from Washington, DC. She works in a Family Liaison Office (FLO). She also taked a lot about the CLO program and there was a lot of information to absorb. The good thing was that because we met each other, I would be more likely to contact her if I need help in future. And I got to meet many people in the process, which was what my future boss wanted me to do. The downside of my two days work was the commute. It took about 3 hours each day to go back and forth. Now, I can totally sympathize with Japanese who commute for hours each way and they fall asleep on trains. I was one of them yesterday but today I listend to a good podcast from Standford University. So I didn't fall asleep. But I am tired now. Matane (later).

Comments