Amazon Prime Videos

I have been here in Hanoi over a year and had trouble using VPN and accessing Amazon to let me watch movies that are available on Prime Videos. We paid around $100 a year for Prime and paid another $80 for VPN yet we still had to pay extra for most of the videos because Amazon did not let us watch while abroad despite using VPN. Last week, I was talking with my colleagues in the shuttle and decided to try again when I arrived home. Lo and behold, it worked.

I wanted to watch the final season of the Man in the High Castle but the season wasn't available yet. So I watched a chick flick "Ladies in Black". It's a story set in 1959 Australia, where a daughter had to get approval from her father to apply for a college scholarship and where expectation for young girl was not to go to college. I have a lot of thoughts about this topic and many more others. One day, I will write more about them. For now I am happy that I can watch any movies I want without having to pay $5 for each one.

Another happy news was that we received food I shipped from the U.S. three months ago. The kids were delighted to see their regular cereals and snacks after not having them for awhile. They were simply happy to see all these chips, cinnamon toasts crunch cereal, honey nut cheerios, etc. It was worth spending two hours filling two carts of food at Costco. I am grateful that we have this allowance to ship the food so my kids can have a taste of their comfort food. Mind you, they are not my comfort food. I am still very happy with noodles and rice which I can easily get here in Hanoi though I miss some of my Burmese noodle dishes. I actually dreamt about Monthinghar, fish soup with rice noodle, last night.

Zey and Khin are now in 7th and 5th grades. They are happy with their friends here although they miss their old friends from D.C. We have been traveling a lot which makes me appreciate how fortunate we are. Rob is quite busy at work as usual but my work's busy season is almost over, which I am looking forward to.

I can't believe it is September already. Soon, Robert and I will celebrate our 18 years anniversary. I can't believe we have been together for so long. Wish you and your loved ones are well and content. Till next time.

LadiesInBlackOfficialPoster.jpeg

Comments