Leaving Yangon and new airport layout!
I arrived in Hanoi from Yangon one week ago. Somewhat surprisingly, I cried when I left Yangon. I always have strong affection for my mother and younger brother. Now that my younger brother is married and has a kid, who is super adorable and lovable, and my own kids are older and not wanting to cuddle, there is no surprise my niece gets my affection. And she has become super sweet (sometimes naughty) two year old who likes to play with me and my kids, wanting to be held, be entertained, and be cuddled. Zey loved her too. Khin, not sure what to do with her since she herself is in a stage of moodiness. Oh dear, she is only nine years old. At least, Hanoi and Yangon are closer than Washington, DC and Yangon. We can just fly there for a long weekend if we wanted.
Yangon International airport has changed for the better as well. We can now check in then hang out with family until we need to go to immigration and additional security. There has never been a long line at immigration and it is easy to move through security checks. The only negative observation I have is that the new layout makes us walk through many shops -- intentional, there is no doubt -- which can take a while. While we were doing just that, walking though the shops, public announcement was making the final call for passengers on Vietnam Airline -- us and a few others - to come and board 30 MINUTES before it was due to depart. In fact, we left a few minutes earlier than the scheduled departure time. Did that ever happen to you? I don’t know if it was efficiency or empty airport that made it happened. No matter what, we left Yangon and arrived in Hanoi a week ago in time for school orientation at UNIS on Tuesday, August 14, 2018.
Comments
Post a Comment